Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Courage to Remain and Believe Again

Every new beginning has the potential for unseen problems. Realizing some problems are beyond fixing may generate the impulse to retreat to a familiar comfort zone. However, seeking God’s insight and wisdom will give you courage to remain faithful to his purpose for you.


Moses encountered a stalemate with God’s people at Mount Sinai. He panicked at the thought of God’s withdrawing his protection because of the people’s sin. God had revealed himself to Moses, but still Moses needed assurance to squelch his fear of going forward without God’s presence.

Listen to Moses’ desperation from Exodus 33:12: "You have told me, lead these people, but you have not let me know who will assist me. You  said, `I know you and have found favor with you.` If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I will be assured you favor me." If you’re at a dead end with your faith, ask God for courage to believe again. Prepare yourself spiritually to receive his response.

___________

So you must never give up your confident courage, for it holds a rich reward for you. Indeed, to carry out the will of God and to receive the blessing he has promised, you need endurance.

~Hebrews 10:35-36 Williams – New Testament in the Language of the People

___________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment