Wednesday, March 20, 2024

How Can Lying Eyes Learn to Speak Truth?

There are secrets that are detrimental to oneself and others. These secrets arouse suspicion and distrust because they can’t be completely suppressed or hidden. Shame and guilt are impossible to conceal completely because subtle changes in attitudes and behaviors are apparent.

Human beings try to deceive with their eyesThe eyes are said to be the window to the soul for others to see and question. Being deceptive makes the eyes appear shut to the scrutiny of those searching for the truth. John Steinbeck wrote, “Lying eyes are impossible to hide.”

When feeling suspicious, ask God for insight and patience. Wait for details to confirm or disprove what is feared to be true. Fear is overcome by truth and mercy and by trusting God to bring positive good and needed change from what appears hurtful and painful. Jesus proclaimed, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” Jesus delivers security in times of insecurity.   

___________ 

Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

~Psalm 86:11-12 New International Version
__________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment