Monday, September 28, 2026

How Important Is It to Keep Your Promises to God?

God performed a miracle by saving Jonah from a darkness that would have terminated his life. God delivered Jonah so he would have a second chance to be accountable to God’s call. Listen to his gratitude: “I’m worshipping you, my God, by expressing my thanksgiving. I will do what I promised to do, for my salvation comes from you, my Lord and God.”

When God issued him a second call to go to Nineveh, Jonah, this time, would follow God’s instructions to the letter. A second miracle God performed in Jonah’s life was inspiring the words to be preached to Nineveh with such power that the people immediately repented and received God’s salvation.

Jonah knew he could do nothing without God’s power and blessings. The fact that he was delivered from darkness anchored his belief in God’s power. 

God’s faithfulness is not restricted by mankind’s weakness, so rejoice in the Lord and keep your promises to him. You will be blessed.                         

_________ 

The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity. 

~Proverbs 11:3 New International Version 

For I am confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. 

~Philippians 1:6 New American Standard Bible 

_________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment