Monday, March 14, 2016

Come Out of the "Pig Pen": Rethink Your Choices - Part 1

Getting into trouble isn't unusual for young people or adults. Impulsive or bad choices are the gateway to conflict that must be correctly managed. Learning to deal constructively with reality by setting boundaries is needed throughout life.

The prodigal son left home with high hopes and big dreams, but he was arrogant and naive. Yet he eventually proved he could make appropriate decisions and reshaped his life when faced with adversity and failure. Reframing allowed him to shift from previous attitudes that had left him in great pain and suffering.

Luke 15:17 pictures this young man refraining previous choices. "When he came to his senses, he said,  'How many in my father's home have food to spare and here I am starving to death. I will go to my father and say, I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me as one of your hired men. So he got up and went to his father.'" He left home with the ability to reframe past choices and change his way of thinking. Reframing is God's gift to you, so please use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment