Monday, February 6, 2017

Focus on Your Values - Part 1

I spent my elementary years of childhood growing up in a small farming community. My uncle owned a combination feed and grocery store there, in addition to being the postmaster and pharmacist. I can't remember crime being major concern, for safety and security seemed to be a given.

I cannot explain how I got this idea, except that human nature being as it is, it came naturally. When I was seven or eight, my cousin and I took some of my mother's hen eggs and sold them at my uncle's store. Sometime later I took a twenty-dollar bill from my mother's purse and hid it under our house. When my mom confronted me, I confessed and gave back her twenty dollars.

My mother confronted me because she loved me and what I did was wrong. Confronting weaknesses is a never-ending process. God’s word offers this challenge. "Continue to throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. Remain patient, keeping your eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith."  

No comments:

Post a Comment