Friday, June 28, 2019

Expect Something Good!

A temptation we often face is to do nothing. In prison Joseph could have settled for doing the bare minimum, but his character would not permit it. He believed something good would be forthcoming from every bad, stressful situation. If you fail to expect something good, it may pass you by unnoticed, so be alert!

Image result for expect something good to happen images free

Joseph looked for opportunities to help others, so when two inmates were acting discouraged, he asked them to explain. They responded by saying there was no one to interpret their dreams. They believed dreams foretold the future. Interpreting dreams belongs to God, so Joseph was available to understand and relate what God would reveal.

Joseph believed discovering God’s purpose was possible even in deplorable surroundings. He had this gift for possessing a positive attitude in appalling conditions because his faith and trust in God were strong and true. Ask God to instill in you such a disposition. Are you willing to accept what God provides? It’s a good choice.  
_________________________

I know that God lives – the one who gives me back my life – and eventually he’ll take his stand on earth. And I’ll see him – even though I get skinned alive! – see God myself, with my very own eyes. Oh, how I long for that day!
~Job 19:25-27 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment