Friday, June 21, 2019

Tolerance Needed? Commitment Required!

Being forced to tolerate undesirable situations is one of the most difficult tasks we’ll have to endure. Joseph consistently exhibited resilience as troubles incessantly plagued his life. Joseph's personality made it possible for him to seek God’s purpose in each situation he had to tolerate. This was his choice.

Related image

He refused to give up because he knew nothing could negate God’s purpose for him, as Genesis 39:20 indicates. "While Joseph was in prison, the Lord was with him. God showed him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden." Once again, hardships could not prevent God’s purpose from being realized. Why not?

Joseph was completely committed to God. He behaved according to his integrity. He was ready to help other people. Listen to Matthew 25:40. "Even as you have been a blessing to the least of these my people, you have been a blessing to me." Can you imagine yourself following Joseph’s example and Jesus’ reassuring words?   
________________________

“When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat, and when I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I was a stranger, you welcomed me, and when I was naked, you gave me clothes to wear. When I was sick, you took care of me, and when I was in jail, you visited me.”

Then the ones who pleased the Lord will ask, “When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?”

The king will answer, “Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.”
~Matthew 25:35-40 Contemporary English Version

No comments:

Post a Comment