Monday, December 21, 2020

Celebrating Christmas with Hope for Healing

We’re beginning this season of celebrations remembering a year that began with optimism for the well-being of the nation. Within weeks, Covid-19 had infected the nation with fears of deprivation and death. However, America and the people of the world have refused to be defeated by this plague. 


So many are recovering from grief and sorrow, yet at this time of celebration we turn our hearts and minds to God’s gift of Christ Jesus with hope for healing. He will restore light to wherever darkness continues to persevere. Jesus proclaimed, “I am the light of the world.” “In me there is no darkness.” May the light of God’s love shine on you brightly. Merry Christmas.  

_____________________ 

 Then my favor will shine on you like the morning sun, and your wounds will be quickly healed. I will always be with you and save you; my presence will protect you on every side. When you pray, I will answer you. When you call to me, I will respond.

~Isaiah 58:8-9 Good News Bible

 

O Lord, if you heal me, I will be truly healed; if you save me, I will be truly saved. My praises are for you alone!

~Jeremiah 17:14 New Living Translation

 

As for me, I will hope continually, and will praise you yet more and more.

~Psalm 71:14 New American Standard Bible

_____________________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment