Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Crisis: Danger or Divine Opportunity?

A crisis usually develops where neglect and inattention have played a major role. Neglect of the family may result in children developing unacceptable behavioral patterns. Neglecting our need to worship and pray can evolve into a diminished awareness of God's presence. A crisis provides opportunities to make changes that have been ignored.

Can you picture Samson chained to a grinding wheel where his only purpose was to survive another day? He did, however, have the opportunity to change his attitude and thought patterns from an embittered attitude toward God, himself, and his enemy. His choice determined if he would benefit from his crisis. 


Someone noted, "God does not send us despair in order to kill us, but to awaken us to a new life." Perhaps what kept Samson from despair was realizing his hair was beginning to grow out. This gave him hope for the future. The night is never so dark as to extinguish the Light of the World, which is Jesus Christ our Lord. 

____________________ 

My enemies, don’t be glad because of my troubles! I may have fallen, but I will get up; I may be sitting in the dark, but the Lord is my light. I have sinned against the Lord. And so I must endure his anger, until he comes to my defense. But I know that I will see him making things right for me and leading me to the light.

~Micah 7:8-9 Contemporary English Version

_____________________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week. 

1 comment:

  1. Following Jesus will always lead us to the light of peace along the way.

    ReplyDelete