Monday, December 13, 2021

A Bridge to Possibilities

Each phase of life presents challenges to be conquered while introducing opportunities for personal growth and change. Even when a challenge appears overwhelming, there is something within human nature that defies defeat. That special something is hope. Hope motivated the Israelites to move forward and take possession of the Promised Land.


Hope builds a bridge to possibilities. For the Hebrew people this included the challenge God gave to Joshua, their new leader who replaced Moses. "Be determined and confident for you will lead these people to inherit the land I promised. Make sure you obey all the laws my servant Moses gave you and you will be successful." This was their source for hope and courage.

God's word encourages you to be strong and courageous in the strength and power the Holy Spirit provides rather than relying solely on your own strength and power. Confidence is a personality trait, and when fortified by faith in God, success is possible.  

_______________ 

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again – my Savior and my God!

~Psalm 42:5 New Living Translation  
________________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment