Friday, September 20, 2024

How Is It Possible to Sustain Your Higher Calling?

Family gatherings are scheduled to celebrate special events in individuals' lives. These gatherings give family members a chance to connect and renew attachments that may have faded because of geographical distance or weakened emotional bonds.

We know there is a higher, more complex connection we are capable of sharing with God and a limited number of other people. We also know we can lose that connection through neglect. Listen to David’s plea from Psalm 61:2. “From wherever I am, though at the ends of the earth, when my heart is faint I call to you, O God. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

David knew that only in God’s power was he capable of sustaining his higher calling. So hold firm to your faith and instantly seek God when you sense you are slipping away. Yoke yourself securely to Jesus each day and learn to live with the rock that is higher. God bless you.  

__________          

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit. Without me you can’t do anything. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers… If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.” 

~John 15:5-7 Beck – New Testament in the Language of Today/New International Version
_________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment