Friday, October 11, 2024

Which of God's Promises Are More Important to You?

“So many unfortunate things happened to me last year, and it’s hard to believe the rapid sequence in which they occurred!” These words came from a positive, energetic believer who is a person of faith. The parade of troubles pushed to the breaking point the person's ability to cope.

When troubles permeate your life, it’s important to believe that God is not necessarily singling you out for punishment. God is not responsible for bringing every bad and painful experience into your life. It may be the result of impulsive choices that would now be judged as inadvisable.

Philippians 2:13 is God’s promise to you: “It is God who works in you, helping you to want to obey him and then helping you to do what is required.” Keep in mind that “all things work together for good to them that love God, who are called according to his purposes.” With this attitude, better choices are possible, so praise God for being active in your life.  

_________ 

When you obey me you are living in my love, just as I obeyed my Father and live in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy.

~John 15:10-11 The Living Bible
_________

Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment