Since uncertainties cannot be avoided, believing something good will evolve eases anxious feelings. Under these circumstances, self-awareness of your thoughts and feelings will help evaluate what should be avoided and what needs to be embraced.
Embracing uncertainties does sounds abnormal. Try to imagine the Apostle Paul’s conversion. He was struck down by an intense light that blinded him. He also heard the voice of Jesus accusing him of persecution but later calling him to a life-changing ministry.
The key to preventing a negative attitude from controlling you is self-awareness of what is actually taking place so an accurate assessment can be made of how to respond. It’s important to believe God is working with you to change your life in ways that will prove to be good and supportive. God promises to “supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
To keep me from becoming conceited, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it from me, but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses… For when I am weak, then I am strong.
~2 Corinthians 12:8-10 New International
Version
_________
Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite
podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment