It is impossible to move through the different stages of life without making a number of life-changing decisions. Take into consideration that decisions are not made in a vacuum, so others will be affected either positively or negatively.
Yet the majority of decisions have a personal component, even if on the surface they appear completely other-centered. Imagine the attitude of those on Wall Street whose main concern is personal financial gain knowing their decisions could mean financial ruin for innocent people.
Whatever unwise decisions you’ve made in the past, God will provide an opportunity to move toward recovery if you honestly repent and literally turn from evil. Pretending the past never existed is unthinkable, for natural consequences have rendered that impossible. Yet God is faithful to provide the endurance to survive what has to be faced when you’re fixated on going forward in the strength and courage God will supply.
…I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:9-10 New International Version
________
Subscribe to the Attitudes Answers podcast on your favorite
podcast platform to hear this and other 2-minute features 3 days every week.
No comments:
Post a Comment