Friday, October 12, 2018

Never Enough? Time to Refocus

God created humans with a unique desire to please those who are important to their well-being, like a husband or wife, because pleasing is a source of happiness. The struggle to please becomes stressful where hope is diminishing or doesn’t exist. When Leah’s first son was born, her hope was, "Surely my husband will love me now."

Image result for self deception images free

Leah's struggle for acceptance is also evident after her third son is born. Listen to her desperation. “Now at last my husband will become attached to me, even though he doesn’t love me, because I have given him three sons.” Her desire to please Jacob is sad because no matter how much she gives, he will not love her as he does Rachel.

Image result for god's comfort and security images free 

In observing Jacob, Leah and Rachel, it’s apparent each is doing his or her best in a situation strained with tension and unhappiness. In the depths of unhappiness, Leah focused on the Lord God who gave her comfort and security. He will do the same for you when you seek him with all your heart, soul, strength and mind.  

No comments:

Post a Comment