Monday, December 10, 2018

Make Me a Blessing to God and Others

Living life so you can be a blessing to others is a treasure of great value. Listen to the prayer of Jabez from 1 Chronicles 4:9 as he asks God for such a blessing. "Oh, that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that your hand would be with me to keep me from evil, so that I might not cause pain to others."

Related image 

Jacob had been a source of pain to his family of origin. Following his forced exodus from his home, he had spent twenty years working for his father-in-law. Perhaps he had matured by facing the responsibilities of work, two wives, two surrogate wives, eleven sons and one daughter.

Jacob would prove to be a blessing to his father-in-law, yet the time came when he was ready to face his past so he could move forward with his life.  Perhaps God communicated to him, "I have plans for you, so get your mind focused on what lies ahead." Jacob's future included being a blessing to God. Is God nudging you onward so you can be a blessing to Him and others?

No comments:

Post a Comment