Friday, April 10, 2020

Christ, Crucified and Alive in Us

Internal conflict differs from struggles between individuals. Internal conflicts that go unresolved will predictably surface at a later place and time. This happens because a particular struggle has been too painful to talk or think about. Although out of mind for a while, it has the power to surface and to influence daily life.

Lisa couldn’t wait to leave home for college. She chose a university that was as far away as possible. She grew up feeling overly protected. Her parents did not trust her to make good choices, to the point of being overbearing. Their control created in Lisa anger and fear which she could not express.

Image result for christ crucified for us images free

Arriving at college, she threw caution to the wind for a carefree lifestyle. Eventually, Lisa became so unhappy she was forced to address the anger and sadness she had stuffed away. While it's difficult to work out such pain and suffering, with God's help and the love and trust of caring people, a new purpose and direction for life can be discovered.
_______________________ 

 Jesus said,“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.”
~John 14:1 New Living Translation    

I died on the cross with Christ. And my present life is not that of the old “I”, but the living Christ within me. The bodily life I now live, I live believing in the Son of God who loved me and sacrificed himself for me.
~Galatians 2:20 Phillips – New Testament in Modern English     

No comments:

Post a Comment