Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Making Peace with Yourself

In the Sermon on the Mount Jesus addressed the issue of moral and spiritual responsibility with a call to righteous and ethical living. Knowing conflict is unavoidable, Jesus presented an alternative in Matthew 5:9 by stating, "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God." 

The opposite of peace is chaos, turmoil and confusion brought on by envy, jealousy and hatred. Jesus challenges every believer to be a peacemaker even when the task seems overwhelming. Diane Katz in her book, Making Peace with Yourself and Others, believes you must first make peace with yourself before branching out to others.

Essentialism | Jordan peterson, Life, Life rules

When Hezekiah, king of Judah, was about thirty-seven years old, he became so sick, death seemed imminent. Isaiah the prophet came to his bedside and advised him to "get his house in order" by making peace with himself and God. Making peace is accomplished by confessing to God every sin, followed by repenting and making amends. Now go and correct whatever is wrong in your life.  
_____________________ 

Happy are those whose sins are forgiven, whose wrongs are pardoned.
When I did not confess my sins, I was worn out from crying all day long.
Then I confessed my sins to you; I did not conceal my wrongdoings.
I decided to confess them to you, and you forgave all my sins.
~Psalms 32:1,3,5 Good News Bible

Jesus: “I have told you these things, that you through union with me may have peace. In the world you have trouble; but be courageous! I have conquered the world.”
John 16:33 Williams – New Testament in the Language of the People


No comments:

Post a Comment