Friday, August 7, 2020

Changing Times – in His Hands

In Ecclesiastes, Solomon contrasts opposite times we will go through in our lifetimes. “There is a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to harvest, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.” God has a plan and timing for each event that intercepts our lives.

Pin on Quotes from the Bible

A few years ago on a mission trip to Mexico, we had some free time to go sight-seeing and shopping. As we prepared to pay for our selections, one of our friends discovered someone had stolen her wallet. Her joy had also been stolen and replaced by anger and disbelief.

To my friend’s credit, she reclaimed the joy of serving those to whom we came to minister. Be on guard to inadvertently stealing someone’s joy by permitting a negative attitude and disposition to infiltrate who you are and your ministry for Christ Jesus. Accepting God’s perfect timing for everything is the secret to activating the joy Jesus gives. 
________________________

I trust in you, Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.
~Psalm 31:14-15 New International Version

The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.
~Psalm 28:7 New Living Translation


No comments:

Post a Comment