Monday, August 10, 2020

Has Your Joy Been Eclipsed?

Everyone longs for joy when it has been eclipsed by distractions. We mistake joy for pleasure and happiness, but joy’s deeper roots keep it alive when drought cycles through our lives. Joy can be overshadowed by distractions that are in conflict with Christian values.

Eclipse Images | Free Vectors, Stock Photos & PSD

C. S. Lewis explains how personal choice affects lasting joy. “In the final analysis there are two kinds of people: those who say to God, ‘Thy will be done’ and those to whom God will say, ‘Your will has been done’. Lewis then adds, “The souls who seriously seek joy will find it. To those who knock on the door of joy, it will be opened.”

David asked God to create in him a pure heart, to fill his mind with clean thoughts and right desires, to restore in him the joy of his salvation and the will to obey God. Confessing your sins permits God to cleanse you from all unrighteousness. Now you may come into his presence to celebrate with joy and thanksgiving.  
_____________________

Sincerity and truth are what you require, O God; fill my  mind with your wisdom.
Remove my sin, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness; and though you have crushed me and broken me, I will be happy once again.
~Psalm 51:6-8 Good News Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment