Monday, August 3, 2020

Grief and Sadness Immersed in Joy and Gladness

Preparing to celebrate an important event takes time and energy as well as love and devotion. When Jesus was nearing the end of his earthly ministry, a woman who perhaps intuitively knew he would soon give his life for mankind’s sins, demonstrated her love and devotion by washing his feet with an expensive perfume.

I recently attended the funeral of a friend to celebrate his life. Loved ones and friends expressed sincere grief along with their joy and gladness, for he had been an abundant source of joy and comfort for them. The fundamental essence of grief is being allowed to express thanksgiving along with great sorrow.

Joy is the serious business of heaven. - Image Quote

True joy permeates the depths of the human spirit and survives in spite of our deepest sorrows and troubles. Psalm 16:11 tells us, “My heart is glad, and I celebrate because you my Lord have made known to me the path of life. You have filled me with joy and faith.” This can be your objective as well as your assurance.  
______________________

My friends, we want you to know how it will be for those followers who have already died. Then you won’t grieve over them and be like people who don’t have any hope. We believe that Jesus died and was raised to life. We also believe that when God brings Jesus back again, he will bring with him all who had faith in Jesus before they died.
~1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 Contemporary English Version

You have changed my sadness into a joyful dance; you have taken away my sorrow and surrounded me with joy.
~Psalm 30:11 Good News Bible


No comments:

Post a Comment