Monday, August 24, 2015

Examining Attitudes - Part 1

Making choices for positive change takes time and personal self-examination. To avoid acting impulsively, significant decisions need a careful assessment before any action is taken. Good, healthy decisions to change should include a serious appraisal of the challenges that must be confronted. Also, consider what will happen if you refuse to act.

Are you facing serious consequences if you do not change some behavior or thought pattern? What are the risks you face if you continue to do what you are doing? Periodic self-examination is a necessity for healthy living. The challenge to change is ever present, especially if something is detrimental to you and others.

Listen to David's example from Psalm 26 as he invited God to share  in his own self-examination. “Test me, O Lord, and try me; examine my heart and my mind, for your love is ever before me and I walk continually in your truth.” Take the challenge and ask God to empower you to make the hard choices you're facing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment