Friday, August 21, 2015

Re-making Wrong Choices - Part 2

Making choices for a better life is not simple. Decisions to change often provoke a struggle within. St. Paul took note of this struggle that plagues all humankind. “I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.” What choice do you have when your strong side is at war with your weaker side?

Abraham, a man of faith, is described as a person of integrity. He at times made choices that reflected his selfish side, but his integrity led him to re-make decisions based on his relationship with God. His belief in God  kept him on track in the face of failure. He believed God and it was counted to him as righteousness.

Integrity portrays honor and honesty. It seeks what is just and fair. Abraham refused to let bad choices dominate his life. David made this appeal to God: “Create in me a clean heart and renew a faithful spirit within me. A broken and contrite heart you will not despise.” Christ in you is your hope for change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment