Thursday, September 10, 2015

Building Trust for Change - Part 1

Throughout life, decisions are made based on freedom of choice. Yet some choices derive from our being forced or coerced into a decision because another person's course of action demands a response. For example, you may have been coerced into getting a divorce because your spouse sought to terminate the marriage.

Making choices resulting in positive change seems impossible when we are coerced by negative circumstances. Intensive self-examination that leads to self-blame may produce questions like "What did I do wrong?" or "Where did I fail?" In times like these we also may question God's love and care for us, but what other choices are available?

You can seek help for understanding your participation in creating conflict. You can choose to grow and mature during this time of turmoil. You can seek insight and guidance from the Lord Jesus Christ. Psalm 27 declares, "The Lord is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" Chose to apply these words to your life today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment